How To Warm Up New Strings
As a violinist, you may have been told that your strings need to be "broken in" before they can sound their best. But how do you break in your strings? We'll go over that now so keep reading!
How To Get Your Strings Concert Ready Within Minutes
- String your instrument and bring it up to full pitch
- Warm Up the G-String (15 seconds with a microfiber cloth)
- Activate the G-String by bowing it right by the bridge (do this for 15 seconds)
- Warm Up The G-String Again (15 seconds with a microfiber cloth)
- Activate the G-String by bowing it (do this again for 15 seconds)
- Repeat Steps 2 and 3 for each of the remaining strings
Learning how to string your instrument can seem daunting, but it doesn’t have to be. Follow these quick and easy steps for a professional-sounding performance in minutes! You can visit our shop site for all your stringed instrument needs.